PDA

View Full Version : Thankyou to this forum

munkyboy
June 21st, 2008, 12:31 AM
I'm a brand new user of ubuntu. Its taken a few day's of fiddling around and trying out different programs. But I've got my pc working now exactly how I want. so just wanted to say thanks to the users in this forum who helped sort out my hitches along the way (mainly through searching through old post's).

My only regret now is that I didnt give myself more space on the ubuntu partition (cause i thought i'd be going back to Vista more and initially was only gonna play about with ubuntu) but I can sort that out.

atomkarinca
June 21st, 2008, 12:35 AM
Welcome on board. You're gonna love it :)

cespinal
June 21st, 2008, 01:47 AM
Its been like a month since I got ubuntu... and I have loaded into vista only four times, just to get some files I left stranded there... I serioulsy thinking about wiping it out now..

munkyboy
June 21st, 2008, 02:08 AM
I cant wipe it completely yet.

I have to get my gf to use ubuntu, she doesnt like it because she cant use MS office and Itunes. Seriously. the plan of action is to just leave Ubuntu logged in eventually she will give up and just start using it. Once she works out amarok she'll love it.

S1xp4ck
June 21st, 2008, 02:12 AM
I think the Ubuntu Office apps are just as good if not better than Ms Office. As for Itunes does it not work in Wine (minus the store of course) ?