PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] audio problem

Zopiac
June 20th, 2008, 09:30 PM
in my main account, the sound doesnt work in most games (sauerbraten, battle for wesnoth, etc.) but in other accounts, it does. It used to, but one day stopped. It is an onboard NVidia NForce 405, and for all of my accounts the sound settings are the same. Help?

itix
June 21st, 2008, 10:23 PM
Your other accounts being??
I highly suspect pulse audio being the sound thief here. It tends to cause a LOT of problems...

Zopiac
June 22nd, 2008, 03:47 PM
Your other accounts being??

well, i have a general account, zopiac, and an account optimized for gaming, called gaming, and one optimized for work, named workspace. i have others, emulation looks of vista and mac os (vistaaero and macosx) as well as one for my mom (mombode) but i had a problem before limitimg myself to the zopiac account, but afterwards is when i created gaming, workspace, and test (one just for testing things like desklets, awn, and compiz)

tjwoosta
July 9th, 2008, 07:51 AM
i am also having sound problems with games (sauerbraten, alien arena, and Stepmania)

the difference with my problem is that the sound has never worked for theese games
(it works fine for every other program and almost all other games)

so why wont it work on theese games?

i have gone into Preferences-Sound and tried to change some things

if i change one of the settings and try to test it will fail

but if i change some of the settings and close out of the sound options, then open it again, then it dont matter what setting its on and it works

so what is going on?

Zopiac
July 12th, 2008, 07:14 PM
now, the only accounts i have are mom (for my mom, havent tested sound) zopiac (no sound in games) and gaming (sound in games)

im fine with no sound for games in this account, but it does annoy me that there is no sound :\ and this isnt window$, so i shouldnt be having problems like this!