PDA

View Full Version : happy halloween!

TravisNewman
October 29th, 2005, 05:06 AM
My wife and I had fun with this last night. Our jack-o-lantern with the lights off:

http://www.moneyburger.com/IMGA0018.JPG

majikstreet
October 29th, 2005, 03:16 PM
where in the heck do you live? where I live, it's not halloween yet! yesterday we tested our fog machine-- first year we are going to really use it....

-m

(I can't imagine what we'd do if we had a lot of money and lived in a single family home instead of a townhouse...)

drummer
October 29th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Do you celebrate it on the 31st?? I can't figure out how halloween has come and gone for you... it's 1am on the 30th here in sydney at the moment, so to be the night of the 31st for you, you must be at least 40 hours ahead of me, and that's just not possible.. is it?

Awsome lantern though... IT'S HOMESTAAR WUNNORR!!

XDevHald
October 29th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Right now for me, it's in the afternoon time of the 29th here in Florida. You guys are way ahead of us :)

TravisNewman
October 29th, 2005, 05:55 PM
lol, no we just carved it. You don't have to wait until the night of halloween to carve it.

majikstreet
October 29th, 2005, 09:34 PM
lol, no we just carved it. You don't have to wait until the night of halloween to carve it.
I guess you're right....

we bought some more fog juice-- once these little kids finish with their birthday party with ponies, I'll have to test how fog looks coming out of our bushes..... We live in a court in a townhouse and they brought ponies for their birthday party :(

Kapre
October 29th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Dont forget to hand out candies!! Was asking my wife if I can wear the Durex costume on Halloween but I think my kids wouldn't like me to tag a long with them using the D costume. :p

K

BWF89
October 29th, 2005, 10:11 PM
That's a great pumpkin. If you have one of those big big deep freezers in your basement you should put it in so you can use it for next Halloween.

majikstreet
October 29th, 2005, 10:21 PM
That's a great pumpkin. If you have one of those big big deep freezers in your basement you should put it in so you can use it for next Halloween.
woaaaaaah... I didn't know you could do that!!

Ampersand
October 29th, 2005, 10:34 PM
I got some {trick|treat}ers coming to the door sometime around the 15th September for some reason...

drummer
October 30th, 2005, 02:14 AM
We could hand out Ubuntu CDs to trick or treaters as well as sweets :D ... well maybe just the older ones, the little ones might be confused..

lotusleaf
October 30th, 2005, 02:54 AM
We could hand out Ubuntu CDs

Always a great idea :)

to trick or treaters as well as sweets

Yeah but wouldn't you then have to print out something that says "this is not edible" "do not eat" or some such thing? Otherwise, and there's always one, some silly person might try to eat one of the Ubuntu CDs (remember McDonalds and the hot coffee incident?) and that wouldn't make for good news now would it? :P

Be sure to watch a few bad movies (http://www.badmovies.org/movies/) this Halloween.

BWF89
October 30th, 2005, 05:25 AM
We could hand out Ubuntu CDs to trick or treaters as well as sweets :D ... well maybe just the older ones, the little ones might be confused..
Or better yet The Open CD. It has Ubuntu and a bunch of OSS software for Windows.

EDIT: It includes the Ubuntu live cd. Not the installation.

xmastree
October 30th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Nothing to do with Halloween, but during a recent power outage my daughter was messing around with a red LED flashlight.

XDevHald
October 30th, 2005, 04:13 PM
LOL that's pretty damn cool pic xmastree :D

xmastree
October 31st, 2005, 03:43 AM
LOL that's pretty damn cool pic xmastree :DThanks. The original was much larger, but I can't find it. That one is scaled to fit my P900.