June 20th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Only ice? (:))

zmjjmz
June 20th, 2008, 01:57 PM
I'm following it on twitter actually.
So for me it's old news.

sharks
June 20th, 2008, 02:03 PM
after few months i hink it will find Man and Animals.

William Dojinn
June 20th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Even though they havne't found anything trying to nibble/nest on the crawler I'm quite impressed, as having water-ice SHOULD make exploration somewhat easier.

Exsecrabilus
June 20th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Phoenix discovers ice on Mars
Blasphemy!

fatality_uk
June 20th, 2008, 04:56 PM
"It must be ice," said Phoenix Principal Investigator Peter Smith of the University of Arizona, Tucson. "These little clumps completely disappearing over the course of a few days, that is perfect evidence that it's ice. There had been some question whether the bright material was salt. Salt can't do that."

I love NASA and co. I mean, billions of $$$$$'s on the most advanced systems know to man, and they can't tell if it's ICE.

I mean it's a simple test.

Dig some of that stuff up, bring it back to earth, make it into cubes and drop it into a glass of 15 yr old single malt. If it tastes salty after that, you know it AIN'T ICE.

Just don't go sticking it in my Isle of Jura ;)

harlan
June 20th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I can't remember how many times NASA has demonstrated
there's water in Mars. Maybe twice a year.

William Dojinn
June 20th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Well nasa knows mars is their honeypot to maintain funding due to public facination about the red planet, and without that funding nasa can't fund the shuttle replacement or any of the other neato stuff that arn't directly related to maintaining communications and gps satilites.