PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Removal Issues

MiniK
June 20th, 2008, 12:35 PM
I've tried to uninstall Ubuntu by using the live disc and deleting the partition it was on. When I rebooted my PC, I got an error saying that GRUB was loading and then underneath it said "Error 22" or something like that. I really need to remove Ubuntu from my system and continue using Windows XP on the main partition but I can't because when I boot, I get that error and I can't use Windows XP.

Can someone please help me fix this issue as it is VERY urgent that I get this done.

MiniK
June 20th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I've tried using: http://tinyempire.com/notes/ntldrismissing.htm but the Vista computer doesn't like the files. =/

rickyjones
June 20th, 2008, 04:30 PM
What kind of environment did you have? Was Windows installed first and then you installed Ubuntu afterwards? What version of Windows do you have installed?

If Windows was installed and you had a dual boot environment then you'll most likely be able to boot with the correct Windows disk and will be able to perform a repair - mainly to fix your boot record - and then you should be fine. But you need to add some more information.

Thanks,
Richard