PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Missing tasktray icons

Poomerio
June 20th, 2008, 06:54 AM
So yeah, I removed some icons from the task bar along the top of the screen, and now, when I loads skype, msn, or rythmbox, I can't see the respective icons in the tray anymore.
Is there a way to reset it or something?

- Poomie

bmac
June 20th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Right click on the panel and select "Add To Panel"
Left click on "Window List"
Close "Add To Panel"

Hope this helps....

Poomerio
June 20th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I don't understand :P
I tried it, then loaded rythmbox, and nothing.

bmac
June 20th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Can you locate two vertical, parallel, perforated lines in your panel? Actually you may have multiples. One for updates and hopefully one that is your "Window List". If the Window List is placed all the way to the right then it won't show icons in the panel. Right click on the lines and select "preferences" - this will identify if you've selected the right set of lines. It should say "Window List Preferences". If that exists in your panel move the lines (unlock if necessary) to the left on the panel.

Hope this helps...

Enlitend
June 21st, 2008, 03:30 AM
So yeah, I removed some icons from the task bar along the top of the screen, and now, when I loads skype, msn, or rythmbox, I can't see the respective icons in the tray anymore.
Is there a way to reset it or something?

- Poomie

Right click on the panel, select "Add to Panel..." scroll down and look for "Notification Area" and click Add.

Reposition it if needed to.

Poomerio
June 21st, 2008, 11:52 PM
Right click on the panel, select "Add to Panel..." scroll down and look for "Notification Area" and click Add.

Reposition it if needed to.

Worked, thanks.
Haha, I also have 55 updates waiting :P

- Poomie