PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the p

KEE
June 19th, 2008, 10:19 PM
ok i want to go in to synaptic manager but this keeps happening

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem."

and i cant access to synaptic manager or remove/download any programs...any ideas or suggestions ?

jimbob
June 19th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Open a terminal and enter sudo dpkg --configure -a and let us know what happens.

KEE
June 19th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Open a terminal and enter sudo dpkg --configure -a and let us know what happens.

mmhmm looks like that did something =) thanks anything to get back synaptic manager is good news to me =D

vs8
June 22nd, 2008, 09:44 PM
I got the same prob. I was trying to get more Compiz Fusion plugins from this tutorial:http://mundogeek.net/archivos/2007/11/23/plugins-compiz-fusion/ But what I didn't know is that, that tutorial was made only for Gutsy, and I'm running Hardy. I have some packages with unmet dependencies now. That command gave me this:

melvin@melvin-desktop:~$ sudo dpkg --configure -a
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of dpkg-dev:
dpkg-dev depends on libtimedate-perl; however:
Package libtimedate-perl is not installed.
dpkg-dev depends on patch (>= 2.2-1); however:
Package patch is not installed.
dpkg: error processing dpkg-dev (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of g++:
g++ depends on g++-4.2 (>= 4.2.3-1); however:
Package g++-4.2 is not installed.
dpkg: error processing g++ (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
dpkg-dev
g++

Midwest-Linux
June 23rd, 2008, 04:50 AM
ok i want to go in to synaptic manager but this keeps happening

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem."

and i cant access to synaptic manager or remove/download any programs...any ideas or suggestions ?

Just out of curiosity, did you do any updates before this happened? I tried to add some programs today and had the same problems. Yesterday I did a update and it killed my wireless and I had to restore it. I wonder if these updates are responsible.

KEE
July 24th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Just out of curiosity, did you do any updates before this happened? I tried to add some programs today and had the same problems. Yesterday I did a update and it killed my wireless and I had to restore it. I wonder if these updates are responsible.
yeah i do... at the time i am not totally sure but i solved it with that code line thanks 4 your help =D