PDA

View Full Version : [other] wireless help??!!

metalmaniac248
June 19th, 2008, 09:35 PM
i shall start from the top,

my wireless was working fine with feisty, every time i logged it asked me for my password to unlock the keyring, and then it would connect to my network,

then i took my laptop to my friends house, and connected to his wireless, while at his house i updated to gusty, (because his internet is allot faster than mine)

when i came home, the update had raised some issue about restricted drivers, (something to do with the driver for my wireless card not being open source. so i had to give Ubuntu permission to use it)

so i did this, and i did connect to my home network but it never asked me for the password to unlock the keyring when i log on.

and since then i have never been able to connect easily, i would initially try turning off roaming mode, then turning it back on, and trying ever which way to connect to my network, and usually i would connect somehow

however as i am writing this i have a cable trailing up stairs as i have been trying for A VERY LONG TIME to connect and i had to give up so any help would be very appreciated as i cannot have the cable for very long.

iff possible i would like a solution that gets me back to where i started, (where when i log it asks for a password to unlock the keyring)

PS

sorry i put this in the wrong place, i didn't realize until i had posted it