PDA

View Full Version : xp / linspire/redhat and ubuntu

teaker1s
October 28th, 2005, 10:37 PM
xp offers a no brain experience with the ease and evils of windows and bill gates is your heroin dealer just when your getting used to your spyware unstable system it's become obsolete and mr gates wants you to buy a new with a cheery gui os which by the way you'll need new hardware to use.

Linspire Other than offering a kde debian experience where most common plugin and drivers are installed you soon realise that the CNR is a way of your dealer selling you more as Kynaptic/Synaptic are not installed by default and god forbid you don't want a paid dvd software from cnr it will winge every time it see's a dvd-plus look at ubuntu then look at linspire and you see ubuntu has better support and clear instructions that anyone could cut and paste and a wonderfuly helpful community.

Redhat though it may be powerful it isn't supported in a manner that makes simple questions easy to find out-for the command line experienced it's great for ex ******* users its a vertical everest challenge.

Ubuntu while free seems to be the most supported and generally organised distro I've tried and while it's a debian gnome/kde distro the developers have put a lot of thought into making it easy with most setup's while still allowing anyone to customise it as they wish.

apart from the culture shock of apt-get/synaptic at the start and also source code ubuntu offers me an experience as I want it free, from spyware free from viruses and the modular nature of linux allows me to ditch elements I don't use and add ones I like.

Mark Shuttleworth and Canonical and everyone in the community

thank you

kairu0
October 29th, 2005, 01:01 AM
xp offers a no brain experience with the ease and evils of windows and bill gates is your heroin dealer just when your getting used to your spyware unstable system it's become obsolete and mr gates wants you to buy a new with a cheery gui os which by the way you'll need new hardware to use.

thank you

Welcome to the era of the disposable computer. Thank you, Mr. Gates.

But seriously I think Ubuntu has made Linux more of a "no brain experience" than other distros.

teaker1s
October 29th, 2005, 11:40 PM
but maybe that is a good thing as long as the under bonnet power is still there.
a worrying situation would be when the gui dominates control of the os and it's designed for idiots