PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution - can't copy text in email to Calc

dansan
June 19th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Things are going from bad to worse with Evolution. Has anyone else had trouble with this program?

First I lost my Tasks functionality.
So I decided to just use copy and paste from email to populate my work calendar.

Now I can't copy text from Evolution to Calc when I am invoicing clients. Does this program have a private clipboard?

Is something corrupted in my Evolution installation? Should I remove it and reinstall? How do I preserve all the emails and calendar entries?

Maybe I should give up on Evolution and switch to Thunderbird, but I am not sure that is going to be better.

All views and pointers welcome.

pytheas22
June 19th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I can copy and paste from mail into calc, so I'd imagine that the problem lies with your installation. You could try an apt-get remove --purge and then reinstall. Also are you sure it's Evolution's fault and not calc's--i.e. can you paste from Evolution into other programs or is it just calc that has the problem?

I have had some frustrating issues with Evolution, mostly involving the way it syncs with my mail server. Thunderbird works better, but doesn't offer the calendar and other features of Evolution. I also don't like Thunderbird because I was never able to find a theme that fits well with Gnome, but that's a less than important issue.

dansan
June 22nd, 2008, 10:33 AM
pytheas22:

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't solve my problem. Evo misbehaves exactly the same way after doing remove-purge-reinstall. I decided to move email to Kontact.