PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Nagios: check_snmp

ghemeon
June 19th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Just installed Nagios and want to use check_snmp

I did a apt get net-snmp install and it worked fine
Yet the snmp is still not working

From reading it says I need to get net-snmp-utils .. where do i get this from?

tcpip4lyfe
June 19th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Try this article:
http://www.debuntu.org/how-to-monitor-your-servers-with-snmp-and-cacti

This is one I used when I setup all mine. It's a hell of a lot easier then using snmpconf. On a side note after you get your nagios setup, check out cacti. I use nagios and cacti to monitor about 20 servers and a couple routers and switches and it works great.

ghemeon
June 19th, 2008, 06:12 PM
worked .. thanks

ning_ning
June 27th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Try this article:
http://www.debuntu.org/how-to-monitor-your-servers-with-snmp-and-cacti

This is one I used when I setup all mine. It's a hell of a lot easier then using snmpconf. On a side note after you get your nagios setup, check out cacti. I use nagios and cacti to monitor about 20 servers and a couple routers and switches and it works great.

how to know snmp server is running ?

tcpip4lyfe
July 8th, 2008, 03:57 PM
how to know snmp server is running ?

snmpwalk -v 2c -c public localhost

vixo12
February 17th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Friends:

Hello, i am from Santiago of Chile, I would like to implement Nagios snmp. I already have Nagios installed, but where in the plugin check_snmp? What do you like? and What else do you need?

please you help

thank you!!!:p

ikki_72
August 29th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Friends:

Hello, i am from Santiago of Chile, I would like to implement Nagios snmp. I already have Nagios installed, but where in the plugin check_snmp? What do you like? and What else do you need?

please you help

thank you!!!:p

Make sure nagios-snmp-plugins is installed and it is usually located in /usr/lib/nagios/plugins

Jago6060
September 5th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Make sure nagios-snmp-plugins is installed and it is usually located in /usr/lib/nagios/plugins

Or if you're using a 3.x version of nagios, they're in /usr/local/nagios/libexec

snyper82
October 2nd, 2009, 03:22 PM
I'm missing the check_snmp plug-in, I have installed the nagios plug-ins 1.4.14, anyone know how to install this plug-in?
I also have nagios 3.2 installed

Jago6060
October 2nd, 2009, 07:07 PM
I'm missing the check_snmp plug-in, I have installed the nagios plug-ins 1.4.14, anyone know how to install this plug-in?
I also have nagios 3.2 installed

You should have check_snmp with the default compile. If not, you can google "check_snmp" and probably download it, then recompile the plugins