PDA

View Full Version : Who will win Euro 2008?

hyper_ch
June 19th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Now that we have reached the play-offs, who do you think will win?

gn2
June 19th, 2008, 09:26 AM
As a Scot I would dearly love it to be Germany, the only thing that would surpass that would be an Argentina victory in the World Cup.

hyper_ch
June 19th, 2008, 09:30 AM
They just had an 0 : 0 against Brazil yesterday... I wonder if Argentina is strong or Brazil weak or both ;)

fatality_uk
June 19th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I voted for Croatia. I think Germany should beat down Portugal. Then Croatia take Germany and I see Italy going through. But then what do I know, I prefer F1 :D

Pasto
June 19th, 2008, 09:50 AM
They just had an 0 : 0 against Brazil yesterday... I wonder if Argentina is strong or Brazil weak or both ;)

Did you see the match? Brazilian fans were insulting their team&coach. Brazil has been terrible for a long time now, but, they have an unique talent for finals.

Back on topic, Holland/Netherlands seems pretty solid.

hyper_ch
June 19th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Haven't seen it... just read in the newspaper about it...

Newspapers here predict Portugal - Netherlands will be the final.

fenian
June 19th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Heres how I think it will happen.

Quarter finals...

Portugal vs. Germany = Portugal wins
Croatia vs. Turkey = Turkey wins
Netherlands vs. Russia = Netherlands wins
Spain vs. Italy = Spain wins

Semi Finals

Portugal vs. Turkey = Portugal Wins
Spain vs. Netherlands = Spain wins

Final

Portugal vs.Spain = Spain wins

those are my picks bet the opposite.

hyper_ch
June 19th, 2008, 10:17 AM
I agree.. but you bet on the wrong one in the final ;)

forestpixie
June 19th, 2008, 10:27 AM
I agree.. but you bet on the wrong one in the final ;)

I really hope not :D

vishzilla
June 19th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Germany are looking good

quinnten83
June 19th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I'm Dutch (sorta), so I can't be objective.
I want them to win, but if they do, the ego of the people living in this country will swell to unmanageable proportions. And I am already heavilly annoyed by the football fanboyism displayed.
But the dutch team has had a good run, probably because there were no superstars in the team = less ego = more teamwork. So I do want them to do good.

-gabe-noob-
June 19th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Ronaldo! PORTAGUL!

hyper_ch
June 19th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I'm Dutch (sorta), so I can't be objective.
I want them to win, but if they do, the ego of the people living in this country will swell to unmanageable proportions.
As long as they don't try to ski ;)

23meg
June 19th, 2008, 12:55 PM
I want them to win, but if they do, the ego of the people living in this country will swell to unmanageable proportions. And I am already heavilly annoyed by the football fanboyism displayed.

Ditto that for Turkey. Football has got mixed with pretty much everything I'm politically up against in this country including nationalism, violence, empty rhetoric, sexism, polarization, extremism, over-commercialization and racism, and that's reached a new peak with this championship. The team itself is led by a federation and coach and populated mostly by players who have, to say the least, questionable track records regarding the above.

In short, there's every reason I wouldn't want my country's team to be successful to any degree, but then there's the question of whether the rest are any better, and whether football (and success in it) should actually be taken so seriously as to be a token of the above for a country.

Mancman
June 19th, 2008, 05:21 PM
As a Scot I would dearly love it to be Germany, the only thing that would surpass that would be an Argentina victory in the World Cup.

???????

Although I would love to see Ronaldo win something with Portugal (as opposed to winning 'everything' with my team ;) ), I think Spain may finally win something this time.

Papi-KB7VGW
June 19th, 2008, 06:07 PM
I really want to see a Holland/Portugal final. I think that would be great for flowing futbol.

bufsabre666
June 19th, 2008, 07:12 PM
i have the netherlands in a pool, if they win i get 100$ so thats who im rooting for

billgoldberg
June 19th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Heres how I think it will happen.

Quarter finals...

Portugal vs. Germany = Portugal wins
Croatia vs. Turkey = Turkey wins
Spain vs. Italy = Spain wins

Semi Finals

Portugal vs. Turkey = Portugal Wins
Spain vs. Netherlands = Spain wins

Final

Portugal vs.Spain = Spain wins

those are my picks bet the opposite.

I'll play along:

Quarter finals...

Portugal vs. Germany = Germany wins
Croatia vs. Turkey = Croatia wins
Spain vs. Italy = Italy wins

Semi Finals

Germany vs. Croatia = Germany Wins
Italy vs. Netherlands = Netherlands wins

Final

Germany vs Netherlands = Netherlands wins

billgoldberg
June 19th, 2008, 07:19 PM
But the dutch team has had a good run, probably because there were no superstars in the team = less ego = more teamwork. So I do want them to do good.

No superstars?

Sneijder, Robben, Van Nistelroy, Van Der Sar, Kuyt, Van Persie, Van Bronkhorst (probably spelled wrong), ...

One for one stars in the best teams across Europe.

fatality_uk
June 19th, 2008, 08:15 PM
With 25 minutes gone, can I just say, if Portugal spent more time on their feet than rolling around holding their ankles, maybe they would stand a chance!!

bufsabre666
June 19th, 2008, 08:23 PM
With 25 minutes gone, can I just say, if Portugal spent more time on their feet than rolling around holding their ankles, maybe they would stand a chance!!

well since the boston celtics have ubuntu i personally think i hear german fans chanting "open-SUSE", or maybe im lying, who is to say, it was released today and they should have some pride cause its very nice