PDA

View Full Version : Power point to DVD Help me

tikal26
June 19th, 2008, 02:43 AM
So my mother is always asking for the weirdest thing and wants to know if with my magic computer (that what she call my kubuntu box) I can make a power point presentation into a DVD slide show. I googles it and keep on getting links to a shareware software that does no exist anymore and no sign of open source software thaat might help. Any help would be apreciated it.

maniacmusician
June 19th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Well, I know that Gwenview has a plugin that lets you create an MPEG slideshow from a collection of pictures, which you could then burn to a DVD.

It's not really powerpoint, but powerpoint presentations are the devil. They've totally massacred the art of public speaking.

tikal26
June 19th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Well I downloade a couple of 'shareware' and propretiary software but they seem to be having trouble with the fact that it uses the new office formatt i changed it to the normall foramtt and still no luck i think that i am out of luck .

TBOL3
June 19th, 2008, 04:28 AM
I remember exporting one of my old sideshows to aa mpg file, right in power point (back when I used it). However, that was a long time ago, and I might of just used some shareware crap to do it, I used to use a lot of shareware crap at the time.

madjr
June 19th, 2008, 04:53 AM
get manslide

and mandvd

i think they are at getdeb

teet
June 19th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Are you wanting to make it so the operator has to push a button to go to the next slide or will this be more like a movie? If it's a movie, you could always make a screencast.

-teet