PDA

View Full Version : Random Microwave Communication Question

Black Mage
June 17th, 2008, 04:21 PM
This is just a random microwave question. Generally microwave communications run in a straight line from point A to point B, but is there anyway that microwave communication can happen within the proximity of an area? Because I have noticed when I start my actual microwave, it does mess with my wireless signal.

DrMega
June 17th, 2008, 04:37 PM
This is just a random microwave question. Generally microwave communications run in a straight line from point A to point B, but is there anyway that microwave communication can happen within the proximity of an area? Because I have noticed when I start my actual microwave, it does mess with my wireless signal.

If your microwave is able to affect your wireless signal, then I would suggest that your microwave is faulty. The casing is supposed to be earthed so that the microwave energy that would otherwise escape is actually carried safely away.

fatality_uk
June 17th, 2008, 04:43 PM
If your microwave is able to affect your wireless signal, then I would suggest that your microwave is faulty. The casing is supposed to be earthed so that the microwave energy that would otherwise escape is actually carried safely away.

Absolutely. Unless of course you have your laptop on TOP of your microwave!!! Unplug it and get it repaired!