PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 8.04 new install from CD. Hangs on 'starting bluetooth'

inthedark
June 17th, 2008, 04:06 PM
There seems to be a lot of people with this problem but no solutions that I've been able to find.

I am installing Hardy 8.04 but the installation hangs at 'Starting Bluetooth' - I can't blacklist the module as it's on the CD image. I'm assuming therefore that any file that I'd be advised to update will be read only.

I also do not have any Bluetooth hardware in my pc and it is not listed anywhere in the BIOS settings. Any other module that doesn't work seems to be able to time out - why should this one be any different?

I am able to get to a login prompt at this point, so if there is anything that I can do from there I'm interested.

Can anyone help? I'm already getting great results on another machine and I want to get this one up and running too.

Thanks

aakgun
August 25th, 2008, 09:18 PM
I have an Acer Desktop that has the same issue. The machine has no Bluetooth, but hangs at "Starting Bluetooth" when "running" or "installing" from the Desktop CD, using 8.04. I also just tried 7.04 and Ibex Alpha 4, with identical results. I cannot get to a command line: Ctrl-Alt-F1/2, Ctrl-C do not work.