PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Have I missed somthing about last.fm, what does it do with banshee?

barbedsaber
June 17th, 2008, 04:22 AM
I decided that it was about time that I signed up for last fm, because I want to expand my music collection, but I don't know what else I would like.
I put my username and password into banshee, but now I am confused. do I need to use the software supplied by last.fm, or can I continue to use banshee, and let last.fm watch what I am listening to, and figure out my taste? Where can I see my play history?

RiceMonster
June 17th, 2008, 04:36 AM
No you don't need the last.fm software. Banshee will submit your tracks to last.fm. If you want to see your play history, just view your last.fm profile at http://www.last.fm/user/YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE. The last.fm software gives you a few more features I think (none of which I ever used), but since I switched to Linux I haven't used it because all the audio players I used have built in last.fm support or a plug-in for it.

Also, last.fm will build weekly, monthly, and overall charts for artists, albums and songs. Once a week (Sunday), you'll get new recommendations from last.fm based on what you listened to that week.

barbedsaber
June 17th, 2008, 04:40 AM
thats were I am waiting, I have refreshed that page a few times. I have listened to almost 30 songs since I singed up (and told banshee my username and password). How long does it take to turn up on the page.

RiceMonster
June 17th, 2008, 04:43 AM
They should turn up right away. When you're about half way through a song it should pop up saying "just listened". Unfortunately I don't use banshee so It's hard to help you there. I'm going to try listening to a song right now to see if scrobbling is down or something.

Edit: Nope, it's working fine.

FuturePilot
June 17th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Make sure you have Song Reporting enabled. Tools→Last.fm→Enable Song Reporting

barbedsaber
June 17th, 2008, 04:47 AM
aaah, thank you.