PDA

View Full Version : Mono: Unhandled Exception: System.NotSupportedException: CodePage 1252 not supported

vcat
June 17th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Hi!

I was playing with Ubuntu + Mono + Mysql and while testing a simple program that returns the result of a simple SELECT statement into the command line, ran into an error:

Unhandled Exception: System.NotSupportedException: CodePage 1252 not supported

Upon further investigation I found a very simple solution:

sudo apt-get install libmono-i18n2.0-cil

Since I did not find anything in these forums, I decide to sketch this post.

V.

tiger2004
July 25th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks a lot for this tip. So far I had a painful experience with the mono project. Mono-server2 had a bug and it has been reported for a while but no one bothered to fix it. The bug is in the configuration of the mono server path it ends with exe extension which it is windows. I done a tutorial about it at http://safwan.speakarabi.co.uk/.

You have saved me lots of efforts. I tried everything to make the database connect but with no luck till I found this page.

choclatboy
August 3rd, 2008, 11:45 PM
Thank you very match:KS

LRT
September 5th, 2008, 04:42 PM
thank you for this post!! this solved the same problem i was having.

http://n2.nabble.com/error-CS0006:-cannot-find-metadata-file-`System.Data.dll`-td839742.html

jake.conk
October 28th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks!!! This solved my issue on Unbuntu 8.04!!!

directhex
October 29th, 2008, 12:31 AM
The root cause of this problem is a deviation between Ubuntu and Debian - on Debian, all package managers will installs "Recommends:" by default. On Ubuntu, SOME will install Recommends by default, some will not. libmono-i18n2.0-cil is a Recommends of limono-corlib2.0-cil, so if you aren't using the right package manager, you won't get the Recommends.

This divergence is fixed in Intrepid.

eugeniol
October 30th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Now i'm new ubuntu user, this issue help me so much.

uke- Rosario, Argentina

itsols
March 6th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Thank you vcat for your WONDERFUL thought! I've been struggling with this for a whole week but never could figure out this until I bumped into your superb post. It is indeed invaluable and I'm very thankful to you for this contribution.

@directhex, how are we (as users) supposed to know what libs go in where? After all, I use synaptic and install these things so it is supposed to work out the dependencies.

Anyway, I'm glad I was able to do this!

Cheers!
Khalid