PDA

View Full Version : StreamMyGame - anyone else using this?

geekygirl
June 16th, 2008, 02:14 PM
(Mods: feel free to move as I was unsure if I should ask here first or in the Gaming area :confused: )

Anyone else using StreamMyGame? (here) (http://www.streammygame.com/)I have only just found it whilst looking for ways to muck around with my eeepc 900, and I noticed it mentions being able to use it for gaming on *nix (has *deb files for download to setup a server too)

Haven't been too successful doing a forum search either to see if there was anything else on here about it :(

Anyone? Comments?

gahligahli
August 16th, 2009, 07:57 AM
hmmm, ooold post but i am currently in the process of setting up streammygame to play a few windows only titles, on my desktop pc, and laptop. both of which are running jaunty.

i will let you know how it goes, or if you have made it work since posting this then do tell!

the only downside i can see thus far is needing a windows pc. wah :(

bodyharvester
August 16th, 2009, 09:52 AM
i think ill check this out too

also laptop, dell mini 9, jaunty UNR

bodyharvester
August 16th, 2009, 10:10 AM
heres some screens, works only with Ubuntu apparently, also you must install their streamer to stream games to other people aswell as yourself, or something

i probably wont use it, i make my own games with python/pygame, and by that i mean i can make coloured blocks move around the screen and "bounce" off the sides:lolflag:

calrogman
August 17th, 2009, 01:57 AM
heres some screens, works only with Ubuntu apparently

*looks at screenshots*

Really? It says it'll work on any Debian based distro and you can probably use alien to get it to work on LSB, RPM, Stampede, Solaris and Slackware based distros.

EDIT: It even says at the top of the first screen that it'll work with RPM based distros such as Red Hat and Fedora.

Bölvağur
August 17th, 2009, 03:26 AM
waaaiiiit, do I have to maintain my own server... -.- oh god... where am I supposed to find a computer with windows on it........ :(

Ms_Angel_D
September 7th, 2009, 02:21 PM
So did anybody get this up and running if so how is it?

zekopeko
September 7th, 2009, 07:59 PM
So did anybody get this up and running if so how is it?

I used it a couple of months ago to play Fallout 3 over wifi on a laptop. It was ok but laggy and the resolution was 800x600 max.
You have to pay to get access to higher resolutions.

It's a nice gimmick (playing Fallout 3 on a netbook) but it has some latency issues (at least for me).

Ms_Angel_D
September 9th, 2009, 03:55 AM
I used it a couple of months ago to play Fallout 3 over wifi on a laptop. It was ok but laggy and the resolution was 800x600 max.
You have to pay to get access to higher resolutions.

It's a nice gimmick (playing Fallout 3 on a netbook) but it has some latency issues (at least for me).

hmmm, thanks for your reply zekopeko, maybe they will get it better eventually.