PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trying to setup local repo and install to multiple LAN clients

n1wil
June 16th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Hi,

I have had a HELL of a time trying to figure this out - after NUMEROUS google searches, time spent in the IRC channel, searches here at the forum, I have found nothing to enable what I'm hoping to accomplish.

What I want to be able to do is the following:

1) create a LOCAL LAN mirror of the repositories for ONLY the i386 arch

2) be able to install AND update from this local mirror to multiple target machines WITHOUT PXE MESS AND HASSLE!! Using ONLY the SIMPLE miniboot CD and CLI startup and pointing the installation menu to my mirror's IP ADDRESS. Simple right? NOT!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have wasted an ENTIRE 2 evenings trying to figure this out and i'm still empty handed. I need to be able to do installs this way so that I can speed up installation rather than dragging the install over the internet umteen times or cutting and running several CD's (which just is not sexy or practical).

Will someone please help me with this? there are countless repos out there, so it SHOULD be possible, but seemingly this is one installation method that is not well documented - but seemingly VERY necessary under certain circumstances.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated and would save a LOT of aggrevation!

Thanks,

John

n1wil
June 17th, 2008, 02:16 PM
*bump*