PDA

View Full Version : New Opera 9.5 skin, do you like it?

ma_nkooo
June 14th, 2008, 05:23 AM
I like it.:)

jrusso2
June 14th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Its ok, hard to say if I like it better then the old one. Its a nice clean design, simplistic which is good. One thing I always miss with Opera is a home button, but there is a way around that.

ma_nkooo
June 14th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Its ok, hard to say if I like it better then the old one. Its a nice clean design, simplistic which is good. One thing I always miss with Opera is a home button, but there is a way around that.They added it in this version,I missed it too in prev versions.

SunnyRabbiera
June 14th, 2008, 05:40 AM
I hate it, too vista like and unoriginal.
the first skin they had was better.

barbedsaber
June 14th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Why is there a google bar in Opera, I was under the impression that you could type g ubuntu to google sear for ubuntu, (that was my favorite Opera feature, and I hope they release a firefox add on that does it.)

D-EJ915
June 14th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Why is there a google bar in Opera, I was under the impression that you could type g ubuntu to google sear for ubuntu, (that was my favorite Opera feature, and I hope they release a firefox add on that does it.)
it's easier that way, you can hit ctrl-b in the google box and it pastes and "goes" in one stroke

zmjjmz
June 14th, 2008, 06:11 AM
I don't see it because I use the moi theme :D

Kingsley
June 14th, 2008, 06:33 AM
You can do the exact same thing in Firefox.

Go to any website that has a search box, right click it, and click "Add a Keyword for this Search".

master5o1
June 14th, 2008, 06:51 AM

Just typing keywords into the address bar in firefox will search google.

mini_g
June 14th, 2008, 06:54 AM
I really like the new skin (the Jungle style is the most preferred here) and I like how the side panel is under Linux now, as the strip was too hard to easily hit in the previous versions.

There's something about it that I don't like and have yet to put my finger on as to what it is...

Terrycymru
June 14th, 2008, 06:59 AM
No, I don't like it. It is much too gloomy. Tango goes better with my Ubuntu theme.

Ub1476
June 14th, 2008, 08:32 AM
It's too large and complicated.. Yuck. Same goes with that "keyhole" in Firefox3 on Windows. I think Opera shouldn't use these glossy panel with black/blue gradient and those glossy icons on slugged white background. It's just less usable. If you ask me, the Tango themes for Opera is the best ever.

SomeGuyDude
June 14th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I wish it used my system theme. That would be kinda, y'know, nice. Since just about every single other app creator has found a way for that to work.

chick
June 14th, 2008, 09:28 AM
At first look I didn't like it but this setup turn out quite slick.

pjalegria
June 14th, 2008, 09:37 AM
If you dont like it , you can use that one:

http://my.opera.com/community/customize/skins/info/?id=7946

ma_nkooo
June 14th, 2008, 10:20 AM
If you dont like it , you can use that one:

http://my.opera.com/community/customize/skins/info/?id=7946

Thanks for the link.

Ioky
June 15th, 2008, 01:36 AM
well, it is kind of too Vista like indeed, but it looks better than the one before.

adityakavoor
June 15th, 2008, 01:53 AM
What is opera ? Why do you need it ? :lolflag: :lolflag:

mrgnash
June 15th, 2008, 02:01 AM
I think it's really rather awful.

gameryoshi600
June 15th, 2008, 02:14 AM

they have that already. add a keyword for the search right click the search bar :lolflag:

20thCenturyBoy
June 15th, 2008, 03:22 AM
I wish people would understand that if something has a gloss touch to it, it doesn't mean that it is automatically like Vista. That seems to be a trend with a good number of people on this forum.

I personally think it's very nice looking.

hugmenot
June 15th, 2008, 08:03 PM
http://my.opera.com/community/customize/skins/img.pl?id=3465 (http://my.opera.com/community/customize/comments.dml?id=3465)

mthei
June 15th, 2008, 08:55 PM
The skin itself doesn't really do anything for me, but I think the icons have really improved, so I can use the "native" theme and have something that matches my GTK theme without the uglier folder and bookmark icons from previous versions of Opera.

5m0k3
June 15th, 2008, 09:04 PM
I wish it used my system theme. That would be kinda, y'know, nice. Since just about every single other app creator has found a way for that to work.

Tools >> Appearance >> Skin >> Color Scheme

Eh, better than nothing?