PDA

View Full Version : Ktorrent vs rtorrent

visionaire
June 14th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Hello, i use kubuntu, and use a lot Ktorrent, i hear about rtorrent a lot, o know it's a cli app, but, anyone can tell me which of two are faster downloading a torrent?

Cheers, sorry for my writing =)

PD:yeap i can try, but i just one to hear some opinion of people who tried both apps :)

karellen
June 14th, 2008, 01:20 AM
the download speed depends of your network. a cli application is faster than a full graphical one like ktorrent, but on a modern computer this shouldn't be an issue

visionaire
June 14th, 2008, 01:34 AM
the download speed depends of your network. a cli application is faster than a full graphical one like ktorrent, but on a modern computer this shouldn't be an issue

yeap i know that network is the main reazon for speed, but in a topic i read that for example some pleople claim that ktorrent or rtorrent was faster than deluge because of the implementationof the internal algorithm or something, my question is that aspect, in your same network and computer, which one donwload faster the same torrent

ghindo
June 14th, 2008, 03:12 AM
rTorrent shouldn't download any faster or slower than KTorrent on the same connection. It is, however, a lot lighter on your RAM and CPU.

DirtDawg
June 14th, 2008, 03:22 AM
rTorrent shouldn't download any faster or slower than KTorrent on the same connection. It is, however, a lot lighter on your RAM and CPU.

That's why I'm an rtorrent fan. Sometimes torrents take a long time so I like to keep the resources required as low as possible.

stmiller
June 14th, 2008, 04:59 PM
ktorrent allows you to connected to encrypted and non-encrypted peers at the same time. Not sure if rtorrent can do this... ?