PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hardy - ATI X1950 installation - after reboot max, resolution 800x600

2a2t4s
June 13th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Hi,
I have problem with ATI GC installation in ubuntu-Hardy Heron. I have removed compiz (because of "white screen") and when I use this HOWTO https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/ATI "fglrxinfo" shows my ATI GC and resolution is OK. But after reboot, there comes configuration table and max. resolution is back to 800x600. "fglrxinfo" then shows "Mesa". What shall I do, to my computer use the right configuration(ATI)?

dksau
June 13th, 2008, 09:36 PM
I had the same problem right after my first install of hardy heron on this computer (its a tiger direct bare bones kit). I'm using an Acer X163w monitor. The problem cured its self after I attempted to adjust the the settings on the monitor its self. My maximum available screen resolution setting is currently 1440X900 but this happened after a second install I had to do after making the mistake of hooking up a different tower for the purpose of updating with power to all other devices. Luckily I had backed up most of my documents and pictures with CDs. When restoring these files they came up with locks on the logos and I got warnings the the documents were open in read only mode. you can cure this by right clicking on the document and then clicking on properties. you will then see a permissions tab, after clicking this find the appropriate access menu and make the desired selection for permissions for that document.