PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Kmenu icon goes generic

portlandor
June 13th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Hi,

I started a similar thread, but I can't find it. Somehow my Kmenu icon turned into a generic one. its not such a big deal, but I hate it when I don't know what I did. This is the one icon on the task bar which doesn't have a config setting. How do I get it back?

Thanks, Rob.

aysiu
June 14th, 2008, 04:29 AM
I don't know. But we can probably diagnose the problem better if you create and log in as a test user. If the test user has a generic icon, we know it's a system-wide problem. If the test user has the regular icon, we know it's a user-specific problem.

By the way, can you attach a screenshot of what "generic" looks like?

portlandor
June 14th, 2008, 08:14 PM
OK,

I've attached the icon jpeg. However, I don't know how to create an account and/or login as a test user. I will ask on the beginners forum

Rob

BlackDragonBE
June 15th, 2008, 12:12 AM
/home/YOURNAME/.kde/share/icons/CURRENTTHEME/128x128/apps/go_kde.png
I think that's what u need to change.

Tony Sivori
June 15th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Hi,

I started a similar thread, but I can't find it. Somehow my Kmenu icon turned into a generic one. its not such a big deal, but I hate it when I don't know what I did. This is the one icon on the task bar which doesn't have a config setting. How do I get it back?

Thanks, Rob.

I prefer the old amber K icon instead of the new blue K start icon, so I too had to find its location. Here is the location of my K start button (Kubuntu 8.04 running KDE 3.5, not KDE 4.x):

/usr/share/icons/default.kde/32x32/apps

file name is kmenu.png

I've attached the original blue icon.

Looks like the attchment did not go through.

portlandor
June 20th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Hi,

That /home/rob/.kde/share/icons... etc doesn't even exist in my home directory. I tried to create it and add the icon file but nothing happened.

Rob.