PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I Nees To Change

eshuaipi
June 13th, 2008, 02:11 PM
HELLO EVERY BODY. i NEED SOME HELP.

I installed on my UBUNTU the KDE desktop interface to check it how it looks, but I realised that GNOME is much better for me, so I turned back to gnome. But I got a problem. My boot loader now it apears like KUBUNTU when I turn on and off my system. I really do not like it because I prefere better the UBUNTU orange colour.

HOW CAN I CHANGE BACK THE BOOT LOADER TO UBUNTU SCREEN???

overdrank
June 13th, 2008, 02:19 PM
HELLO EVERY BODY. i NEED SOME HELP.

I installed on my UBUNTU the KDE desktop interface to check it how it looks, but I realised that GNOME is much better for me, so I turned back to gnome. But I got a problem. My boot loader now it apears like KUBUNTU when I turn on and off my system. I really do not like it because I prefere better the UBUNTU orange colour.

HOW CAN I CHANGE BACK THE BOOT LOADER TO UBUNTU SCREEN???

Hi and welcome, you can go to system, administration, login window. Select the local tab and you can change it there. :)

argail1980
June 13th, 2008, 02:25 PM
try on the console

dpkg-reconfigure gdm

that should ask, if you want gdm to be the default display manager. answer "yes" to that.

The brute force method is to remove the script kdm from /etc/init.d/, but you'd better not do that, because I have no idea what exactly will happen.