PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] KDE libraries

oboedad55
June 13th, 2008, 08:38 AM
I am running Ubuntu Gnome with no KDE apps. However, I want to run Kompozer which requires a number of KDE libraries, etc. If I decide to uninstall Kompozer will the extra files get removed as well, or will I have to hunt through and remove them manually?

Thanks,

kellemes
June 13th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I am running Ubuntu Gnome with no KDE apps. However, I want to run Kompozer which requires a number of KDE libraries, etc. If I decide to uninstall Kompozer will the extra files get removed as well, or will I have to hunt through and remove them manually?

Thanks,

In order to remove unneeded packages you can do the following from a terminal window..

sudo apt-get autoremove

Edit: By the way, never accept blindly..

oboedad55
June 13th, 2008, 07:21 PM
In order to remove unneeded packages you can do the following from a terminal window..

sudo apt-get autoremove

Edit: By the way, never accept blindly..

Thanks for the response. Using this command in my situation what do I autoremove?

Thanks,

dje
June 13th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the response. Using this command in my situation what do I autoremove?

Thanks,

You do not need to specify any package with that command it automatically takes care of any unneeded dependencies every time you run it ;)

oboedad55
June 13th, 2008, 07:42 PM
You do not need to specify any package with that command it automatically takes care of any unneeded dependencies every time you run it ;)

Thanks, that's excellent info for future use.

Peace,