PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help with partitions!

linuxmacwindowsX
June 13th, 2008, 02:22 AM
I´m a Windows Vista user, today I decide to become a Linux Ubuntu User too, so I was going to dual boot both operating systems.Okay, all was ok at the firsts steps, donwloading Ubuntu, burn the image in the cd, but I forgot the real problem.... WINDOWS VISTA. I have a pc with two AMD 64 Anthlon X2, 1GB of Ram and 320 GB of hard drive. Ok the problem is that I tried to create an partition for Ubuntu to use, but when I use Windows Vistal Disk Manager or something like that it only let me resized my partition of 280GB into 300 mb, so what can I do to do a partition that can support Ubuntu, I heard it need to be atleast 10 GB, can you help me?

P.S. I already try with partition manager programs, and nothing.:(

Pumalite
June 13th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Vista might be quite filled. You can only use Vista partitioner to allocate space for Ubuntu. I seem to remember that XP had something called Pagefile or Filepage that you had to set to =0. I don't know if there is something similar in Vista.

linuxmacwindowsX
June 13th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Yes, In vista I already tried that but the maximum of allocate space can be only of 283, but I don´t know why :(.