PDA

View Full Version : Banshee 1.0 Final is Awesome!!

knavarathna92
June 13th, 2008, 02:21 AM
I haven't seen a thread for this yet and I'm surprised. The final version of Banshee 1.0 is amazing! It's a like an amarok for GNOME. I'm impressed at the depth of the media player. :KS
I used rythymbox before but banshee just blows it away. Banshee supports video podcasts (unlike rythymbox), can play video (though you probably inferred this from video podcasts) and it has the best intergration with Last.fm I have seen so far in a player.
The real kicker for me was being able to sync by Samsung juke with banshee, which cannot be done in rythymbox (in order for rythymbox to even recognize a juke the juke's root file needs to be modified). Combined with a slick user interface, I think I'll be staying with banshee for a loong time. Any other thoughts?

zachtib
June 13th, 2008, 02:28 AM
I haven't seen a thread for this yet and I'm surprised. The final version of Banshee 1.0 is amazing! It's a like an amarok for GNOME. I'm impressed at the depth of the media player. :KS
I used rythymbox before but banshee just blows it away. Banshee supports video podcasts (unlike rythymbox), can play video (though you probably inferred this from video podcasts) and it has the best intergration with Last.fm I have seen so far in a player.
The real kicker for me was being able to sync by Samsung juke with banshee, which cannot be done in rythymbox (in order for rythymbox to even recognize a juke the juke's root file needs to be modified). Combined with a slick user interface, I think I'll be staying with banshee for a loong time. Any other thoughts?

Yeah, I'm loving it. I've been using it since beta 1, and the only issue I had was with it not disabling the screensaver during fullscreen video playback... I'm not sure if that still exists or not, I'm going to go find out.

adityakavoor
June 13th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Discussions are going on here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=724337