PDA

View Full Version : Petition Adobe for 64-bit Flash

Yellow Pasque
June 13th, 2008, 01:30 AM
I have started a petition for 64-bit Flash (or opening of source code) on Adobe's user forums. Please take the time to register an account on Adobe's forums and let your demand be known.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=15&catid=194&threadid=1370279&enterthread=y

Please be respectful/courteous when signing the petition.
Thank you.

EDIT: A sticky would be nice, and Kilz, if you see this, it would be great if you could add the link to your Flash guide.

byrd
June 13th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Do you really think this hasn't been done before?
Do you really think that online petitions like this achieve anything?
Do you really think they aren't aware of people who want a 64-bit version?

What I'm saying is, your time will be better spent elsewhere.

Yellow Pasque
June 13th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Do you really think this hasn't been done before?
Unless my search skills have failed me, this hasn't been done before.

Do you really think that online petitions like this achieve anything?
Yes, yes I do.

Do you really think they aren't aware of people who want a 64-bit version?I don't think they know how many people want it.

What I'm saying is, your time will be better spent elsewhere.
Thanks for your concern, but I will spend time as I please. By the way, thank you for taking your time to be a naysayer. I knew someone would pop up and fill this role, but I didn't think it would happen this fast. :)

Yuki_Nagato
June 13th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Maddox does not care about online petitions, and neither should you. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_Page_in_the_Universe#Mothers_Against_Madd ox)

Yellow Pasque
June 13th, 2008, 02:11 AM
I do not care about Maddox. Please stay out of this thread if you don't have anything helpful to add.

| MM |
June 13th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Hi,

They are working on it. It's inevitable it'll come, as all desktop systems are 64 bit capable these days. We just need to be patient.

When will a 64-bit version of Adobe Flash Player for Linux be available?

The Adobe Flash Player team is working on support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Adobe Flash Player. We have not yet announced timing or release dates.

Source (http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Flash_Player)

p_quarles
June 13th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Moved to Community Cafe, since this isn't the kind of support question that can be addressed by the community.

madjr
June 13th, 2008, 07:51 AM
don't gnash and swfdec work on 64bit ?

SunnyRabbiera
June 13th, 2008, 08:08 AM
don't gnash and swfdec work on 64bit ?

yes but they dont equal flash 9 that a lot of pages request these days.
But with the flash spec file open to the public now this no longer may be an issue.
So technically flash is semi open source now, all we need is for people to read over the spec files with programming knowledge.

techmarks
June 13th, 2008, 08:27 AM
What really bugs me is that now alot of web
sites you can't even view them without
Flash, and since I'm on FBSD and there's not a
up to date version for it, well alot of sites just
are not available.

Adobe did a good job of becoming a defacto web
standard that is not available to everyone.

So...if I were putting a web site together, I'd
rather avoid Flash. Should you really use something
on a web site that keeps some people out, even if it's
a small number? It's not 'friendly'.

FuturePilot
June 13th, 2008, 08:28 AM
yes but they dont equal flash 9 that a lot of pages request these days.
But with the flash spec file open to the public now this no longer may be an issue.
So technically flash is semi open source now, all we need is for people to read over the spec files with programming knowledge.

Apparently Adobe opening the specs didn't help anyone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoNvsiBTQDE)

SunnyRabbiera
June 13th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Hmm, well at least it was some step in the right direction...
But if thats the case adobe seriously needs to stop with the greed and give people what they need.