PDA

View Full Version : [other] Openbox related questions

Totalchaos02
June 12th, 2008, 09:38 PM
1. Is it possible to remove icons from the Client-List-Combined-Menu (The middle click menu)?

2. Not really an Openbox question but I need help with it anyway. How can I permanently change the color and font of xterm? If I use xterm -bg white -fg black it opens a new terminal with those settings but that is as far as it goes.

Thanks in advance for the help.

urukrama
June 12th, 2008, 09:44 PM
1. Is it possible to remove icons from the Client-List-Combined-Menu (The middle click menu)?

Not that I know.

2. Not really an Openbox question but I need help with it anyway. How can I permanently change the color and font of xterm? If I use xterm -bg white -fg black it opens a new terminal with those settings but that is as far as it goes.

You could specify these things in your ~/.Xdefaults file. You would have to add the following to get what you specified:

xterm*background: white
xterm*foreground: black

See here (http://tecumseh.srv.ualberta.ca/hyperdispatch/HyperDispatch2/Xterm.html) for more options.

Totalchaos02
June 12th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Once again you are a great help urukrama. You're guide pretty much walked me through setting up Openbox last night. Thank you so much for the quick response.

urukrama
June 13th, 2008, 12:24 AM
You're welcome :)