PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trouble booting Ubuntu 8.04

Kyle29
June 12th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I'm a new user with linux, I just finished installing Ubuntu 8.04 today.
Everything was working fine in Ubuntu but I decided I'd make sure that Vista was still intact on the other partition. So I restarted and selected the Windows Vista/Longhorn boot option and it gave me several options to regain access. I chose to fix/restore the Vista startup process (can't remember the exact wording, it was the first option on the list). Upon restarting once again Vista is working just as it was before.

My question is, how do I get back to Ubuntu? I no longer see the various boot options upon starting the computer, it simply loads Vista.

Thanks in advance.

elmaster84
June 12th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Hi,
I have the exact same problem. I installed Wubi first to try out ubuntu without affecting the HD. I tested it for about 3 month and everything worked fine. Yesterday, I decided to make the full instalation with the partition. Ubuntu worked just fine but when I booted on to vista I got an error message and long story short now I cant boot to ubuntu. I no longer have the dual boot option. If anyone out there knows how to fix or enable the dual boot option, PLEASE HELP..!!!!....
I MISS BOOTING UP TO UBUNTU!!!