PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Conversion Problem

qbox
June 12th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Hi
I make a presentation in OpenOffice.org Presentation.
I save that presentation like .odp file.
I cant open this type of files with Microsoft Power Point so I SaveAs my presentation like .ppt file. The program show me that some tings cant be converted. I accept that. I opened .ppt presentation with PowerPoint and all slides are destroyed (another color, big letters etc.).
My question is.
How to make my .odp presentation to open with PowerPoint? I want presentation to look exactly like in OpenOffice.org Presentation.
Thank you.

timcredible
June 12th, 2008, 05:18 PM
openoffice is available for windows, can you just use oo on your windows machine? if not, i've had no problems saving oo stuff in msoffice format, so maybe there's a bug?

qbox
June 12th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I must translate the presentation somehow. The computer where I need to present my presentation is not mine and I have no rights to install nothing on it.
Please any help, convertor or else....

Xiong Chiamiov
June 13th, 2008, 01:40 AM
What version of PowerPoint is it? I'm not sure how well OOo plays with the new ones.

Assuming that the computer you'll be presenting on is a Windows machine, you may be able to present using OpenOffice.org Portable (http://portableapps.com/apps/office/openoffice_portable), running off a flash drive. I haven't used it on a limited user account, but I believe it will work.

qbox
June 14th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the help. I will take my laptop on the place.

ChameleonDave
June 14th, 2008, 04:48 PM
How to make my .odp presentation to open with PowerPoint? I want presentation to look exactly like in OpenOffice.org Presentation.
It would be better to present using OpenOffice.org rather than Powerpoint. But, if you have no choice, here are some tips to ease conversion:

Use a font that you are sure is the same on both systems, e.g. Verdana.
Use a very, very simple slide layout with no fancy crap.
Place the boxes in such a way that small shifts in their position will not mess up the presentation.

qbox
June 14th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Its better to take my laptop with me. I will plug projector on my VGA out and should be ok. I will use OpenOffice.org
Thanks for a help.