PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation issues - Partition Manager

yomigre
June 12th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Hey all,

I've been trying to install ubuntu in a dual boot setup with my win XP media center OS. Downloaded the ISO, burned the image successfully and ran the install. On reboot I got the multi boot option and was able to select Ubuntu. As the Gui installation began I was able to enter time/region and username/password. The partition manager then launched and and failed with an error 10. I tried to continue the installation anyway however this obviously was not successful.
If someone could point in the right direction as to documentation or any other specific assistance I would greatly appreciate it.

yg

dstew
June 12th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Which version of Ubuntu are you trying to install? Are you using a Live CD or Alternate Install CD? Desktop or server? Does the error message have any text with it, or is it just "error 10"?

If you have the Live CD, does the Live CD desktop work OK? If so, open the Gnome Partition Editor, and take a screenshot of the partitioner window (Applications --> Accessories --> Take screenshot). Post the sceenshot to the forum.