PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever playved around with POV-ray

Lostincyberspace
June 12th, 2008, 05:31 AM
I have started and one of my images actually look pretty neat.

You can make it yourself by installing povray, renaming cyberworms.txt to cyberworms.pov
and running
povray cyberworms.pov

Any body else have some cool pics they made?

Old_Starguy
May 29th, 2010, 01:20 AM
I'm a huge fan of POV-Ray. Started playing with it way back in beta test versions and now use it for professional video rendering. The attachment is a frame from a video I did. It's fully animated (using the "clock" variable in the "povray.ini" file) starting with the two worlds with no cracks and no debris cloud. This is towards the end of the video when all hell has broken loose. :P

Xianath
May 29th, 2010, 10:04 AM
I used to be an avid POV-Ray fan. I took an interest in raytracing back in high-school when I got a book on it for my birthday, with source code and everything. I think I got my first POV-Ray copy off a BBS (2.0?) and then 2.2, along with FTPov 2.2, off a Walnut Creek CD-ROM. I was very active on the POV-Ray forums in the late '90s/early 2000s, even made it to the TAG (a now defunct group of 6-7 people assigned by the devs to help with user help requests). Real life kicked in and POV and I slowly grew apart, though I did use it a couple of months ago to model my new bedroom and see how lighting would work out.

Did you know that Mark Shuttleworth was the first person to ever raytrace in space, and that he used POV-Ray to do it? :) Here's the story, right from the source: http://www.oyonale.com/iss.php?lang=en&page=1

ssj6akshat
May 29th, 2010, 01:15 PM
I used to be an avid POV-Ray fan. I took an interest in raytracing back in high-school when I got a book on it for my birthday, with source code and everything. I think I got my first POV-Ray copy off a BBS (2.0?) and then 2.2, along with FTPov 2.2, off a Walnut Creek CD-ROM. I was very active on the POV-Ray forums in the late '90s/early 2000s, even made it to the TAG (a now defunct group of 6-7 people assigned by the devs to help with user help requests). Real life kicked in and POV and I slowly grew apart, though I did use it a couple of months ago to model my new bedroom and see how lighting would work out.

Did you know that Mark Shuttleworth was the first person to ever raytrace in space, and that he used POV-Ray to do it? :) Here's the story, right from the source: http://www.oyonale.com/iss.php?lang=en&page=1

cool

ssj6akshat
May 29th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Double Post!!
Never mind it.