PDA

View Full Version : Flawed but great foods

Mateo
June 12th, 2008, 04:03 AM
This thread is dedicated to foods that, while great, have one flaw that really stands out. It doesn't mean the food is any less great, just that it has a downside. I'll throw out a couple of examples.

- Lasagna (especially when it has meet with it): A fantastic Italian dish. One of the absolute best. But let's be honest, it's no looker. The various cheeses don't melt into each other so what you wind up with is a pasta dish that looks a bit like someone's vomit. But it's delicious.

- Toast + pretzel sandwich: With whatever other ingredients you want. I usually go with ham, pepperjack, lettuce and honey mustard. With the pretzels it is absolutely money. However, it destroys the inside of your mouth. The only food comparable in terms of mouth destruction is microwave pizzas (but those generally aren't that good).

Any others?

macogw
June 12th, 2008, 04:19 AM
- Lasagna (especially when it has meet with it): A fantastic Italian dish. One of the absolute best. But let's be honest, it's no looker. The various cheeses don't melt into each other so what you wind up with is a pasta dish that looks a bit like someone's vomit. But it's delicious.

I would've called the meat the flaw. Just like corndogs...ruining perfectly good cornbread.

Yeah, I can't think of any foods that I consider flawed for reasons other than "meat totally ruins the taste and texture."

Lostincyberspace
June 12th, 2008, 04:26 AM
This thread is dedicated to foods that, while great, have one flaw that really stands out. It doesn't mean the food is any less great, just that it has a downside. I'll throw out a couple of examples.

- Toast + pretzel sandwich: With whatever other ingredients you want. I usually go with ham, pepperjack, lettuce and honey mustard. With the pretzels it is absolutely money. However, it destroys the inside of your mouth. The only food comparable in terms of mouth destruction is microwave pizzas (but those generally aren't that good).

Any others?
I think a good lasagna is gorgeous with mostly orange but white pieces all over the top oh I am getting hungry just thinking about it.

Giraffe Spit: tastes really good but is nasty sounding. (acine deppi whipped cream and assorted fruit pieces all mixed together)

bufsabre666
June 12th, 2008, 04:32 AM
*real* homemade pizza rarely looks good, but always tastes great, in fact, pizza doesnt usually look that pretty, at least not good pizza, it usually looks slopped together

baby back ribs to me always looked kinda creepy to me, but very very good

Waldorf salad, mayo/yogurt sauce with a mostly fruit salad, never looks quite right, but again, very very tastey

man im hungry

Lostincyberspace
June 12th, 2008, 04:33 AM
*real* homemade pizza rarely looks good, but always tastes great, in fact, pizza doesnt usually look that pretty, at least not good pizza, it usually looks slopped together

baby back ribs to me always looked kinda creepy to me, but very very good

Waldorf salad, mayo/yogurt sauce with a mostly fruit salad, never looks quite right, but again, very very tastey

man im hungry
I agree on all but the Waldorf Salad that stuff makes me puke(seriously).