PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] cannot install ubuntu, complete system freez, help needed!

Didius
June 11th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Hi everyone

I'm having installation issues on my laptop.

I was a happy Gutsy user untill last week. Then I decided to do a clean install of Hardy (and meanwhile partition my drive properly).

All good; but the installation of ubuntu using a live cd freezes my laptop at 23% (copying files). I did a checksum, and everthing was ok.

I tried the alternate installation. Boot up fine, but crashes at 16% (gsfonts installation or perl installation) or at 31% (openoffice installation)
Checksum OK.

So i tried to install Gutsy, to check if that still wants to install. And i can install gutsy without any problem from live cd. However, I want to do an fresh installation of Hardy...

who can help me?

I've been trying since three days now, and getting a bit tired of the installation screen...

logos34
June 11th, 2008, 07:50 PM
you checked the md5sum of the .iso, AND did the 'CD integrity' test?

maybe the problem is the media/bad burns? (try it slower)

Or else you could try the minimal cd (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD)--includes just the base install, you'd basically be downloading the rest. So at least you eliminate any problems associated with the optical media