PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem Doing The "Live Cd" option

madeulook
June 11th, 2008, 07:15 PM
hi i am new to linux and i am trying use live cd but problems just keep reoccuring. When i choose try ubuntu without installing it load the linux kernel. After that it goes a screen where it has the logo and a orange bar going back and forth then it starts to load. After that it gets to blank (black) screen. And randomly after like 10-15 secs on this blank screen green and white bar come on like 3/4 of the screen. The bars a vertical and flash. What can i do to fix? i have tried reburning it and same problem occured

Thanks for help in advance

overdrank
June 11th, 2008, 07:57 PM
hi i am new to linux and i am trying use live cd but problems just keep reoccuring. When i choose try ubuntu without installing it load the linux kernel. After that it goes a screen where it has the logo and a orange bar going back and forth then it starts to load. After that it gets to blank (black) screen. And randomly after like 10-15 secs on this blank screen green and white bar come on like 3/4 of the screen. The bars a vertical and flash. What can i do to fix? i have tried reburning it and same problem occured

Thanks for help in advance

HI and could you tell us some system specs and in your other thread I see that you were suggested to do a MD5SUM on the iso
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM
Also did you check the cd for errors?