PDA

View Full Version : Language and respect

elvinatom
June 11th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Thank you for closing x.org thread!
I always said to my peers: ubuntu forums is no place to get hit with stfu, or rtfm, or whatever else. I just read another thread where someone resonded rudely to the treadstarters english - it was quite condecending. I certainly don't wanna be made fun of that way.

EdThaSlayer
June 11th, 2008, 03:33 PM
That person however wasn't being offensive, just giving tips on how to improve the English of the thread creator(to clarify the question he was asked).

elvinatom
June 11th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Well, I though the question was grammatically bad but quite clear nevertheless and the response was quite rude, but I don't want to fight over it - it's just my opinion that kindness doesn't hurt.

melrom
June 11th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I do not think starting another thread on this topic is such a good idea. I believe that the forum moderator was right in closing the thread, but these things should be put to rest. I understand your point, but I do think that posting something like this opens up the same can of worms and could facilitate more conversation on the subject. I prefer to think the matter has been handled by the mods and only occured with a few people. I do not think it's a reflection of the forum community as a whole. Let's just let it end with that thread.

-MelRom

elvinatom
June 11th, 2008, 04:57 PM
fair enough ...