PDA

View Full Version : Can I alt-tab (or similar) out of fullscreen apps?

Luke has no name
June 10th, 2008, 07:01 PM
When I'm playing Nexuiz and listening to music, my media keys no longer work, global hotkeys don't work, and alt-tabbing out to change music or check something doesn't work.

Am I missing something, or am I going to have to "Brainstorm" this? Global hotkeys are meant to be GLOBAL <_<

RiceMonster
June 10th, 2008, 07:07 PM
I get this too. For some reason I can use global hotkeys when I'm running games in wine though :confused:.

jonwop
June 10th, 2008, 07:12 PM
you could try a diff keyboard or if you are using usb try a ps2

or make sure that us english box is checked, then default the keys in the game back to their original value even if changed just to make sure.

then you should be able to go back in and change the keys and they should start working for you. i hope this is able to help you all in some way

cheers

TBOL3
June 10th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Well, I have the same problem, but I'm on a lappy.

King_Critter
June 10th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I could be totally wrong with this, but I think the reason why you can't alt-tab out of fullscreen applications has to do with Metacity (or whatever other window manager you're using) -- or, more precise, the lack of Metacity. I think that when apps go fullscreen, they stop being mannaged with Metacity, and thus alt-tab doesn't work because that's a function of Metacity.

'Course, I could be totally wrong on this. Anyone else know for sure?