PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] GSM frequency Jammers

RebounD11
June 10th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is the place to ask for this, but I want to build a simple cell-phone jammer to stop some of my fellow students from cheating exams, not for other illegal purposes, and as far as I'm aware in Romania it isn't illegal to use such a device (so I am not aware of breaking any laws - if I am I would like the moderators to erase the thread).

All I need is a working (or almost functional) schematic diagram for such a device for the 900MHz and/or 1800MHz. If you know of any for other frequencies, I can adapt it to my needs.

Thanx in advance to everyone who can and will help me :D

NovaAesa
June 10th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Why don't you just tell the lecturer or whoever that there are people cheating? You don't have to tell any names, just let them know and they will probably be smart enough to work out who the crooks are themselves.

*goes off to good schematics*

RebounD11
June 10th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Why don't you just tell the lecturer or whoever that there are people cheating? You don't have to tell any names, just let them know and they will probably be smart enough to work out who the crooks are themselves.

*goes off to good schematics*

because some teachers (if not most of them) either don't care or won't do anything about it. now you might think that I'm the dumb one for not cheating like 90% of my collegues, but I hate cheating, and if the teachers won't do anything about it I will, and I find this a much better solution than beating the crap out of those who cheat.

dashnak
June 10th, 2008, 02:01 PM
How about this:
You take care of not cheating, and let everyone else do whatever the hell they want, you being actually nobody with any authority whatsoever to tell them what to do or to enforce your view of things upon anyone.

NovaAesa
June 10th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I found a link, but am PMing it to you instead of posting here. I'm not too sure about the legality of posting this if it's on a US server (no idea if it is or not).

Btw, I totally agree with you about cheating. Just because someone else is doing it, doesn't mean you have the right to do it as well.

RebounD11
June 10th, 2008, 02:26 PM
How about this:
You take care of not cheating, and let everyone else do whatever the hell they want, you being actually nobody with any authority whatsoever to tell them what to do or to enforce your view of things upon anyone.

I don't want 'everyone else' to cheat me out of a scholarship or stuff like that. And I am actually being somebody with authority since our schools policy enforces the use of any method against cheating. The only problem is no-one is enforcing our school policy and regulations.

I'm only trying to be fair to me and the rest of the 10% of the student body that doesn't cheat (the 10% is a very optimistic approximation).

bash
June 10th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Signal jammers are at least in the western part of Europe highly illegal. So I would assume the same goes for Romania.

Even stating your intentions here and asking for help could already get you into serious trouble. So I would advise to stop this.

RebounD11
June 10th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I'll stop now... I even found some interesting stuff on the web since I've launched this thread... even a last-year university project of this sort.

thanx all for the discussions... I'll mark the thread as solved and ask a moderator too delete it.

bodhi.zazen
June 10th, 2008, 04:17 PM
I don't know if this is the place to ask for this, but I want to build a simple cell-phone jammer to stop some of my fellow students from cheating exams, not for other illegal purposes, and as far as I'm aware in Romania it isn't illegal to use such a device (so I am not aware of breaking any laws - if I am I would like the moderators to erase the thread).

Thread closed at request of OP (and question legality).

My best advice is for you to pursue proper channels. Not everyone in life will make the same moral decisions as you, however this does not entitle you to "take matters into your own hands". Doing so only compromises your own morality, IMO at least.