PDA

View Full Version : Official Suse forums

quickshade
June 9th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I'm happy to say that Novell along with the 2 other largest SUSE forums have joined forces to become a better community. The official SUSE forums launched today at forums.opensuse.org (http://forums.opensuse.org/)

This should help better manage the amount of traffic that Suse gets. Now this is just a general announcement, The ubuntu forums are still a great help to many people including Opensuse users, something you don't see to often. These new forums are just a better way for Opensuse users to get help in one place.

67GTA
June 10th, 2008, 01:07 AM
This sucks. I can't make any new posts at the old forums, and my login won't work in the new one. I guess I will have to try and get ahold of one of the moderators to help me.

quickshade
June 10th, 2008, 01:25 AM
the database merge COULD NOT be completed. It seems that they could not import the passwords properly, and after doing some research realized that the amount of work to inform everyone through email (of which some might not have) was just too much work. In short, make a new account and start over.

67GTA
June 10th, 2008, 01:29 AM
I tried that already, but it said that my email address was already in use.

67GTA
June 10th, 2008, 01:30 AM
I tried that already, but it said that my email address was already in use. I will wait a little while and see what happens. There is a "Contact Us" link in the website footer. I might use that if I can't get it straightened out.

67GTA
June 10th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Oops

67GTA
June 10th, 2008, 03:13 AM
I got it going. I couldn't make any new posts at the old forums, but I was able to login and change my password. The new forums wouldn't accept my password. Now all is well.

quickshade
June 10th, 2008, 03:16 AM
Cool, hope to see you there.