PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Hey Ice Gurus

Mark76
June 9th, 2008, 02:21 PM
As you know IceWM has the ability to create tray icons from open windows. Very handy if space is pressing. This is good, but sometimes the icon is just an empty square on the task bar. What I want to know, therefore, is can I edit something to make sure an application that iconises as an empty square has its own icon?

urukrama
June 10th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I'm not sure, as I rarely use that feature, but have you tried setting a custom icon for windows/applications that are displaying an empty square? Perhaps that influences the system tray as well. See the icewm manual (http://icewm.org/manual/icewm-14.html) for more help on how to do so.

Mark76
July 1st, 2008, 10:35 AM
Okay. I have another problem.

I've been trying to use the winoptions file to set up some window maker widgets to open borderless and titlebarless at specific points on the screen. I've tried to follow the instructions on the official icewm site, but it doesn't matter what I do; none of my changes takes effect.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? It's bloody frustrating as what doesn't happen with one window most likely won't happen with others. Which means I can't make any changes to window behaviour at all :mad: