PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Not able to install

chiru_m
June 9th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Hi All,

I am trying to install UBUNTU 8.04 from almost 4 days now with no luck. :-(

i have downloaded the iso file and burned it to a CD and using the same for installation. i have checked CD for any errors and it says no errors found.

The Problems

1. Tried to install by booting with the LIVE CD.

I get all those Ubuntu startup screens and then the wallpaper. From here it doesnt respond. the mouse pointer also doesnt move. I have waited for more than 30 mins for something to happen at this screen.

2. Tried to install thru WUBI installer.

Everything goes fine, system reboots and shows the operating systems available. I select UBUNTU. Again I get all those Ubuntu startup screens and then the wallpaper. From here it doesnt respond.

Please help. Got frustrated till now.

H/W Config: P4 2.8 HT , 256MB RAM, 80 GB HDD

Waiting for a solution.

overdrank
June 9th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Hi All,

I am trying to install UBUNTU 8.04 from almost 4 days now with no luck. :-(

i have downloaded the iso file and burned it to a CD and using the same for installation. i have checked CD for any errors and it says no errors found.

The Problems

1. Tried to install by booting with the LIVE CD.

I get all those Ubuntu startup screens and then the wallpaper. From here it doesnt respond. the mouse pointer also doesnt move. I have waited for more than 30 mins for something to happen at this screen.

2. Tried to install thru WUBI installer.

Everything goes fine, system reboots and shows the operating systems available. I select UBUNTU. Again I get all those Ubuntu startup screens and then the wallpaper. From here it doesnt respond.

Please help. Got frustrated till now.

H/W Config: P4 2.8 HT , 256MB RAM, 80 GB HDD

Waiting for a solution.

HI and welcome, one reason for the issue on the live cd is the low memory. You are at the minimum memory of 256mb and if you have integrated graphics on the system that is sharing the memory. As for Wubi installation I have no experience with that so I cannot help.

Partyboi2
June 9th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Maybe you have struck this (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-keyring/+bug/218434) bug.

chiru_m
June 10th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Might be. . But i am not getting anything from that post. . .:confused:

I get a popup window and get the following msg:

there was an error starting GNOME Settings Daemon.

some things , such as themes, sounds, or background
settings may not work correctly.

GNOME woll still try to restart the Settings Daemon next time when u log in.

I would be thankful if u can tell me the solution for this. .