PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] synceSetup

intruderukr
June 9th, 2008, 07:04 AM
I'm still trying to sync my ipaq mobile 5 device. Am trying to follow these instructions:
Check existence of needed plugin

Run the following command:

$ msynctool --listplugins

This will list all the available plugins and one that must be present is the following:

synce-opensync-plugin

If you don't see the above plugin in the output of msynctool, then download the plugin and copy this file to /usr/lib/opensync/python-plugins. After that, when you rerun msynctool --listplugins you should see the synce-opensync-plugin in the output and you can continue with creating an opensync group.
but I'm not able to create a new folder in the lib directory. I'm not familiar enough with the terminal to do that. Please send me simple instructions...please?
thanks!

Partyboi2
June 9th, 2008, 08:48 AM
To do it the gui way you can press Alt+f2 and type in

gksudo nautilus
This will open up nautilus the file manager with admin rights which will allow you to copy and paste the file to /lib directory

maxpathan
June 9th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I have followed the wiki pages to install sync etc to get my HTC Kaiser (running windows 6) to syc with Ubuntu.

It seems to work, in that it prompts if I want to replace or duplicate contact entires, to which I enter replace.

However I added an extra contact on my pocket pc, but it did not sync it with Evolution? When I look at the ActivSync prog on my mobile, it says it shows that the pocketpc was synced with LINUX.

Any idea what I need to do to get this to work. Sorry for the lack of details, but I am not in front of my Ubuntu PC.

Max