PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Some questions about Dell Inspiron 1525

Green_biri
June 9th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Hi all. Ah, I've searched by the forum, looking for something to make the media control buttons work. The key is to change the Keyboard Shortcuts in System -> Preferences... but my problem is that the Play/Pause/Stop/etc. buttons only work with Rythmbox... I use Audacious for listening music. Is there a way to change the keys for working with it?

Here's a photo of the keys (sorry for bad quality)

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/3900/28032008249vx0.jpg

Second question: Where do I get the restricted driver for my graphic card? It doesn't appear on the "Restricted Drivers"...

Thanks in advance...:)

mikewhatever
June 9th, 2008, 04:19 AM
Second question: Where do I get the restricted driver for my graphic card? It doesn't appear on the "Restricted Drivers"...

If that's x3100, then I think the driver is not restricted. It should be installed by default, but to verify, use <sudo lshw -C display>.

Green_biri
June 9th, 2008, 04:46 AM
If that's x3100, then I think the driver is not restricted. It should be installed by default, but to verify, use <sudo lshw -C display>.

Thanks, it's not restricted... ;)

What about the other question, any answers?

Green_biri
June 13th, 2008, 02:31 AM
Bump... :(

jasdevan
December 3rd, 2008, 05:29 AM
Hi all. Ah, I've searched by the forum, looking for something to make the media control buttons work. The key is to change the Keyboard Shortcuts in System -> Preferences... but my problem is that the Play/Pause/Stop/etc. buttons only work with Rythmbox... I use Audacious for listening music. Is there a way to change the keys for working with it?

Thanks in advance...:)

After you have set up the keys in "Keyboard Shortcuts", you need to enable the "GNOME Shortcuts" plugin in Audacious.