PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Hello to all new users.

speeddemon8803
June 8th, 2008, 08:38 PM
I am an Ubuntu Forums Beginner Team member and I have seen a trend going on around these forums so I am willing to give out a tutorial on what is recommended to get the best experience for you on these forums.

First of all, give us a brief description of whats going on, what are you having issues with, and what version, and Desktop Environment you are using. (KDE, Gnome, etc) in the topic of your post.

Second, be descriptive: Give us as much information as you can, if you have output from a terminal command give us that, if you have a message box error give us a picture of it in a screen shot.

Third, be patient with us, sometimes we might not immediately have an answer for you, Given enough time and enough patience, we might be able to solve your issues that your having.

Fourth and I think most important, if a user helps you out with something, give them a thank you by clicking the little gold star icon in their post.

I and the entire forum thank you for reading this and wish you the best!

Have a wonderful day.

forestpixie
June 8th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Could I add to that -

if you are lucky enough to get many replies, because we do like to help if we can, when you reply back give us some idea of which post you're replying to.