PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] When thing start going wrong - where is the end

niceguy123
June 8th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Over the past few days I have been dealing with the results of upgrading to Hardy 8.04

I've posted a couple of threads talking about not being able to reach gmail on the new OS. And I have been searching all over this forum tring to find similar problems and a way out.

Saw some talk about (inner) router configurations so I go into the router and started changing things there and almost lost my conection altogether (I am writing from my last xp box, it does connect).

After resetting the router and somehow getting back the old configuration, Now, I can't get any internet on the "new" Ubuntu.
The 2nd Ubuntu 8.04 on the wired network is now also not connecting to the internet.

Pumalite
June 8th, 2008, 01:53 PM
The best is to have a router set to give you DHCP automatically at boot with a dynamic IP

niceguy123
June 8th, 2008, 02:52 PM
The best is to have a router set to give you DHCP automatically at boot with a dynamic IP

That's what it was before I started playing around. Now I think that its dead. I can't even ping in from the xp now (I writing from another place altogether, no internet in my office). Its B-Focus 270pr (R.I.P.)