PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cant Boot Into Vista

rick07
June 8th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Hey ..

firstly , i have read many threads before posting this . i believe my case is a bit different so posting a new thread .

i installed Ubuntu yesterday on my HP laptop . it had Vista pre installed .i installed ubuntu without any problem . Everything worked perfectly .

I logged into Vista twice yesterday to take some settings , there wasnt any problem . but now when i tried booting to vista . the boot screen in vista comes , but nothing happens after that .

In the bootmenu (of grub i guess) , the last two options i get is Windows Vista/Longhorn (loader).(same option twice)

i tried booting few times , but once Recovery Manager started and was asking to get Factory Settings back . i cancelled it .

PLease Help Me !

I dont have the Vista DVD , its dumped in a Recovery Kit .

Thank You for helping .. !

hovzio
June 8th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Did you mount vista when you were in ubuntu? If you made any changes to your vista partition while you were running ubuntu its possible that you may have messed up vista. If you end up having to reinstall windows, first access it from ubuntu and you will be able to save all of your files to a external drive. Be aware that if you use your recovery disk to reinstall windows; it will mess up grub and you will not be able to boot to ubuntu. Do you have a recovery partion (or winre..)? if so try that first.

rick07
June 8th, 2008, 12:13 PM
i reformatted the full hard disk and installed Ubuntu .

Done with windows ...Finally !

hovzio
June 8th, 2008, 12:18 PM
:lolflag: sounds good