PDA

View Full Version : Share a recipe!

toupeiro
June 8th, 2008, 05:28 AM
I love to cook, but I am one of those cooks that love to share a recipe or two. I think it would be cool for some of us fellow ubuntu'ers who enjoy cooking to have a thread dedicated to some of our favorite things we like to cook for our families and friends, or just ourselves! ;-)

Meatloaf:

2 Lbs extra-lean ground beef (4% fat content)
1 pkg. Lipton Onion Soup Mix
3 eggs
1 pkg saltine Crackers
Ketchup to desire
grated cheese to desire
oregano to desire
2 Tbs. sriracha chili sauce. (a really good Taiwanese hot sauce, but you can substitute anything you want, or nothing at all if you dont like hot spice.)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

add all ingredients in a bowl and fold until completely mixed in. Place on cooking spray greased cookie sheet and mold form to desire. Allow to bake for 1 hour, lowering temperature to 375 after 30 minutes.

Brigadeiro (a typical Brasilian treat)

1 can sweet condensed Milk
2 Tbs cocoa powder or 3 Tbs instant chocolate milk mix, powdered or syrup. (instant will be sweeter obviously.)
1 tbs butter or margarine

add ingredients into sauce pan and mix continuously over medium heat for 10-13 minutes. The mixture will begin to change consistency. It is done when you can stir it and see the bottom of the saucepan. Transfer to greased plate and let cool, or eat hot. Form into balls for serving if desired.

%hMa@?b<C
June 8th, 2008, 05:35 AM
here is a great website for that very idea
http://www.opensourcefood.com/