PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] After Install It goes straight to busy box

kosiren
June 8th, 2008, 05:02 AM
well the title says it all! im new to linux...very new.
i burned a cd and put it on one of my computers...the ubuntu menu with the install comes up and i click install ubuntu(obviously) then it seems to be loading. after, it brings me to busybox and tells me to type help for the commands...none of which are helpful
and thats where im stuck!
any help? thanks

avtolle
June 8th, 2008, 05:51 AM
There are many people with the same problem, and there seem to be many solutions, not one of which works for everyone. So, search this forum for Busy Box and review the various threads/posts, and perhaps you will run across one that helps you.

For those more knowledgeable, do you have a RAID setup, are you running SATA drives; these are but two of the things I've seen. Other issues I've seen range from a hard shutdown (using the power button to turn the computer off) to graphics cards which seem to cause a problem. Posting your system information may be helpful to the knowing ones.

Good luck.

kosiren
June 8th, 2008, 03:56 PM
the computer it self use to be a server. it's pretty old(runs windows 2000). Graphics card is an Nvidia quadro2 mxr. there is a ram expansion thing with 1Gb of ram. the hard drive is scsi( and im pretty sure that means so is everything else)

ak4322
June 20th, 2008, 01:28 AM
I have had this problem before, all i did was let the computer restart itself instead of pressing the button.