PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Logitech QuickCam Communicate StX Plus

darkerlink
June 8th, 2008, 02:07 AM
I can't seem to get this camera installed and working. When I open Camorama I get an error "could not connect to video device (/dev/video0). Please Check Connection. The camera is plugged in. When I enter lsusb in the terminal, It is there as "Bus 005 Device 006: ID 046d:08d7 Logitech, Inc." I've been trying to figure this thing out for the longest. It appears when I plug the camera in, it does not make the /video0, instead a few other files pop up. I did this by selecting all in the dev folder and seeing the new files pop up when I connect the camera. Attached is the screenshot. Can someone give me a hand? Im gonna pull out my hair!

darkerlink
June 8th, 2008, 03:16 AM
nothing? :(

Sef
June 8th, 2008, 03:22 AM
1) Don't bump your thread unless 24 hours has gone by. Otherwise, you could get an infraction.

2) I would uninstall Camorara, and use the default app. It worked fine for me. I have a Communicate STX.

darkerlink
June 10th, 2008, 03:43 AM
I've crashed my hardrive and had to re-install hardy heron. It is working fine now but on skype, it seems to autozoom to the point where you see half of my face. Is there a way to turn off the face-tracking/autozoom on this model?